How to Design a WordPress Website? – 5 min Easy Guide
Do you want to design a WordPress website for your business? Well, starting a WordPress website might be a difficult process but you are not alone.
Many entrepreneurs face challenges while designing the WordPress website, and there’s nothing to worry about it at all!
In this blog, we will discuss the complete step-by-step instruction on how to design a WordPress website easily.
Believe it or not, understanding how to design a WordPress website from the ground up is one of the most important talents you should have as a business owner in this day and age. Before we begin the process, let’s go over some of the most important aspects of a WordPress website.
What is a WordPress Website?
WordPress is a content management system that allows users to create websites and blogs in an easy way. It is one of the most popular and simple CMS used by over 40% of all websites globally. A lot of plugins and themes enable the user to make a perfect choice for their website.
How to start designing a WordPress website?
To get your WordPress site up and running, you’ll need the three items listed below.
- Your website’s domain name.
- WordPress hosting is where your website’s files are kept.
- 45 minutes of your complete attention.
What is the cost of building a WordPress website?
The answer to this question is highly dependent on the type of website you are attempting to create. A regular business website might cost as little as INR 10,000 per year or as much as INR 50,000.
We advise all the readers to start modest and gradually add more functionality to their websites as their businesses expand. You will save money and limit potential damages while avoiding overspending this way.
How can you get the most out of this blog?
This is a step-by-step guide to creating and designing a WordPress website. We’ve broken it down into steps, and we’ll walk you through everything from beginning to end.
Simply follow the instructions and you’ll have a professional-looking website in no time. Have a good time constructing your website. Let’s get this started.
How to Design Your WordPress Website?
Designing a WordPress website is an easy process and all you need to do is to follow the step-wise process as mentioned below. You’ll soon be able to build up an elegant WordPress website.
Step 1: Choose a name for your website, purchase a domain, and set up hosting.
Picking a name for your WordPress website is arguably the most enjoyable component of learning how to construct a website.
After all, you’re completely free here. You have complete freedom to name your website whatever you choose. But there are still some things you need to learn in order to be successful later on.
Step 2: Select a website theme or design.
The beauty of WordPress is that it works with replaceable designs known as themes. That is, you may change the appearance of your WordPress website with a single click.
a) Select a theme that appeals to you.
WordPress themes, as previously said, are out-of-the-box design packages that define the appearance of your website. You can rapidly install them and then change them if necessary in the future.
The important point to remember here is that themes do not modify the content of your site; they just change the presentation.
There are a plethora of WordPress themes available and you can select any theme which suits your requirements.
b) Put your theme in place.
If the theme you’ve chosen is available in the official directory at WordPress.org, all you need to do is to install by search the theme’s name. Yep. That’s all.
Step 3: Select plugins to enhance the functionality of your website.
Plugins are the equivalent of apps for your WordPress site. In other words, they enhance your site’s normal functioning by incorporating some much-needed features.
Plugins are essentially how you may obtain some excellent features without knowing any coding while learning how to construct a website on your own. You can find and select a suitable plugin by clicking on the “Add a Plugin” option on the WordPress website.
Step 4: Create the fundamental pages
There are some pages that every website, regardless of purpose or objective, should contain.
Step 5: Think about starting a blog.
A blog (along with content marketing – or “content marketing” in general) is one of the most successful ways to promote not just your website but also any things that you would wish to sell through that website.
And it’s not just me stating this; real data shows that blogs are a superior tool for internet marketing, with 55% of marketers citing blogging as their top inbound marketing priority.
Running a blog is an easy concept to grasp. You publish articles linked to the topic of your website on a regular basis.
Step 6: Modify your website’s navigation.
With all of your important pages live (and possibly your blog up and running), it’s time to tweak your site’s navigation and make it easier to consume for visitors.
Tips & Tricks for Designing WordPress Websites
There are a number of tips and tricks that can make your website as impactful and user-friendly as possible — here are these to get you started.
- Concentrate on the fundamentals and design a wonderful user experience using a WordPress theme that complements your business and website content.
- When naming files in WordPress, use dashes rather than underscores. Because Google considers underscores to be joiners, your file will appear to be one long word. That will not help you with SEO. Make it clear that there are different words by using dashes.
- If you have any queries or concerns about creating or using your website, contact WordPress’ online help.
- Make the most of image alt text. Image Alt Text can help boost your SEO and Google rankings.
- Maintain as much order as possible in your sidebar. Concentrate on the essentials and consider what your website visitors and consumer profiles truly want quick and easy access to.
- Learn and grasp the fundamentals of SEO to guarantee that your website is fully optimized so that you can increase conversions.
- Ensure that your website is safe to prevent hackers from gaining access. Again, there are numerous plugins available to assist you with security, such as WP Defender.
- Create a custom navigation bar (like we discussed earlier) to make your site more user-friendly for your visitors.
- When possible, use graphics and video content to break up the text on your website pages.
- Regularly update your WordPress site and plugins. WordPress will notify you when new updates are available. This will keep your website appearing new and functioning properly.
That’s all! You’ve just discovered how to design a WordPress website! Would you like us to develop a WordPress website for you? We understand that living the life of an entrepreneur isn’t easy and therefore we are right there to handle your website requirements. We, at Justhyre, have a long experience of working on WordPress sites, and our engineers are ready to find a solution to every WordPress website as per your requirements. Even if you want a customized plugin, we are right there for you.
Click here to know more and submit your requirements.